Personal Effectiveness and Leadership Thinking
Open to the private sector only. Limited to 25 participants. Program cost is covered by KFAS. Registration closes August 22, 2019.
Who Should Attend
Employed in a private sector company and is on their way to becoming a leader or is already in a leadership role. Has more than 2 years experience and is proficient in English.
Effective and positive leadership is a matter of having the right knowledge, skills and mindset for working in your context and culture in order to achieve your objectives through building relationships to achieve the results needed. This assessed 3-day training course will cover everything attendees need to be capable and effective modern leaders.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
* Have a full understanding of the nature of teams, team roles, how teams are formed and how teams can be lead and developed through team building and team coaching.
* Understand the different types of motivation, key motivation theories and how motivation can be developed and maintained
* Understand the principles and practice of performance management in general and of coaching and mentoring in particular.
* Be able to conduct themselves effectively in negotiations using a range of approaches, strategies and tactics.
* Be able to handle conflict, influence others positively at all levels of the organization and to influence their managers using “managing up”.
* Have the skills to manage time well through various means including delegation and to manage yourself in complex and stressful situations and to be emotionally resilient.
* Be able to advise others, interview others and overcome their own bias.
* Be more effective communicators overall through intercultural, interpersonal and functional communication and understand the importance of business etiquette
* Be able to manage projects, think critically and creatively, solve problems and manage change.
* Be stronger and more influential presenters better able to represent themselves, their organization and their teams when speaking publicly.
* Understand the key skills, styles and qualities of a leader.
* Have prepared and presented an assessed case study analysis.
* Have formed personal action plans for applying the training in real life.