The Outward Mindset
Open to the private sector only with minimum education qualification of having a Bachelors degree. Limited to 25 participants. Program cost is covered by KFAS. The registration will close upon either the deadline date of January 16, 2020, or upon exceeding the maximum number of applications received.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is ideal for experienced business professionals who are currently leading teams or in leadership positions.
Improving mission performance, command climate, and employee retention require a transformation in organizational culture. Such a transformation often involves the introduction of new programs, policies, procedures, reporting relationships, and organizational structures. As helpful as such changes may be, they do not directly address the underlying factors that will allow for the true development of an organization’s leaders and transformation of an organization’s culture. In addition, these steps if imposed and not invited can create more of the resistance such measures aim to overcome. This resistance is the primary reason change initiatives fail to produce the desired results. In this workshop, participants learn the difference between an Inward Mindset (a myopic focus on personal objectives) and an Outward Mindset taking into account their impact on others) and begin to see the extent to which they have been operating and leading from an Inward Mindset. With an understanding of the negative effects of an Inward Mindset, this discovery awakens within participants a desire to adopt an Outward Mindset approach in their work. The collective application of an outward mindset with individuals throughout the organization enables breakthrough results. Organizations which make this fundamental shift experience substantial and sustainable improvements in key areas such as leadership development, team effectiveness, customer atisfaction, change management, collaboration, and conflict resolution. Should you want to view what it is like at an Arbinger training event please click the link to the video: https://youtu.be/Zgg2gbrAz_s
• Deeply understand the two underlying mindsets and their implications on results
• Learn to honestly assess—on an ongoing basis—the extent to which they are working with an inward mindset
• Learn to work in a way that is more collaborative, fulfilling and effective
• Clarify their own roles in order to more effectively align their work with organizational objectives
• Learn to assess their performance within an organization and hold themselves accountable for their impact on others
• Positively influence others to change
• Leverage tools to address and resolve conflicts
• Learn to build and leverage a game plan